cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: CForms widget ID naming (was Re: [Vote] Releasing on friday)
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 01:09:00 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>

>>> This usage in CForms has already been introduced by the recent
>>> library stuff, which associates prefixes to libraries, thus
>>> effectively forbidding the use of ":" in widget ids (otherwise you
>>> cannot differenciate between a widget name and a composite name that
>>> references a library widget).
>>>
>>> That is why I chose this character. The "/" and "." are also
>>> forbidden (used for lookup paths). The "." cannot be used as it is
>>> used to combine widget names in the generated IDs, and thus would
>>> lead to a similar problem as the current one: "-" can conflict with
>>>

>> Do we already validate a widget id if it does not contain all of these
>> forbidden characters? If not, we really should check this and throw an
>> exception when the model is read. Early failing is better than
>> unpredictable results later on.
>>

> Yep. The "." and "/" are already checked in
> AbstractWidgetDefinition.setCommonProperties(). We just need to add ":".
>
> BTW, I'm ready to commit the updated stylesheets, which I tested on IE
> 6, Firefox and Safari.

Why we need to use a symbol at any cost ? Can we use a simple word
prefix? As cform-[widgetID]?

I was not on GT2005, but I hear a lot about conventions was there. I
think this is good. Then let's define a fixed prefix name for cforms
names, declare it as a "cocoon keyword".

KISS rules! ;-)

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.