cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [M10N] new repo layout
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:16:11 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>>IIRC, we already have separated out blocks out of the core, into
>>
>>  svn:/cocoon/blocks/
>
> separating meaning to move them to a separate directory ? The flat
> layout doesn't mean they aren't separated.

Separating meaning they are separate projects with independent release cycles,
as in:

>>Where each block is treated as independent project, and has own
>>tags/branches. With Cocoon 2.1.8 out this friday, several blocks will
>>start having own tags.
>
> this concept works well with standard maven release management.
>

>>Why do you want to reverse this and combine blocks with cocoon core?
>
> you mean combine them into the same directory ? I'm not sure I'm
> following you here - can you elaborate a bit ?

Yes, I mean why do you want to combine multiple projects into single uber
project, in your proposed directory structure:

   /trunk
     /block-a
     /block-b

Instead of having them as independent projects, as of now:

   /trunk
     /core

   /blocks
     /a
       /trunk
     /b
       /trunk

It seems like a step backward, towards 2.1 situation, where each block is part
of single project, instead of moving forward and cutting blocks loose...

Vadim