cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with XHTMLSerializers
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 20:25:54 GMT
Guys,

please help, it's driving me crazy. I want valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional
output, so I set

       <map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml"
mime-type="text/html"
          name="xhtml"
          src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
          <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
Transitional//EN</doctype-public>

<doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd</doctype-system>
          <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</map:serializer>

however, during transformations <script src="bla.js"></script> is added
which ends up as <script src="bla.js"/>. The standard XHTMLserializer
fails to turn it back into <script></script>.

So I tried Pier's XHTML serializer:

           <map:serializer name="exhtml"
               logger="sitemap.serializer.exhtml"

src="org.apache.cocoon.components.serializers.XHTMLSerializer"
               mime-type="text/html">
               <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
              <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
Transitional//EN</doctype-public>

<doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd</doctype-system>
           </map:serializer>

This seems to produce correct XHTML, but Internet Explorer 6.0 (Win XP)
now displays &apos; rather than the corresponding character.

What am I doing wrong?

BTW Jeremy and Sylvain: my initial problem turned out to be a wrong
mime-type (yes, Sylvain you were correct ;-) ). I simply copied and
pasted some javadoc and didn't properly check it.

Bye, Helma