cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BLOCKER] SQLTransformer bug 1594 - cause found
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:38:49 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> On 2 Nov 2005, at 18:11, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>

>>I can see two solutions to this bug :
>>
>>1. remove the .trim() from the TextRecorder.getText() method, but I
>>do not know if something else relies on this.
>>
>>2. Treat SQLTransformer.startSubstituteValueElement (and probably
>>startAncestorValueElement as well) as a special case, and always
>>add a space to the preceding text.
>>

>>WDYT ?
>

> I suppose another option would be to override
> o.a.c.transformation.AbstractSAXTransformer.endTextRecording in
> SQLTransformer, with a call to an alternative TextRecorder.getAllText
> () method.

I'm getting old...I can't remember why the trim() was a "good think" :(
I think, we should do a fix which has as little impact as possible, so I
would vote for your last suggestion (getAllText()) for now. We can then
have a look at the TextRecorder and it's use after the 2.1.8 release and
perhaps provide a "better bug fix" if possible.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/