cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [docs] Livesites by working area
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:45:22 GMT
Arje Cahn wrote:
>>Yes, create a doc typoe, add a few relevant fields (including
>>one of tags.
>

> Helma, do you know how to do this? If you add the type, I'll start converting the sites..
>
> Arje

I created a CocoonLiveSiteDocument (check spelling!) with a simple
content part and a Metadata part that should behave like the Book
Metadata part. However, it doesn't. I suppose Bruno has added some extra
processing underneath that I should have a look into, but somehow I
can't get onto the server to have a look.

So for now there is not much else I can do.

<thinking out loud>
I think, to make things future-proof, we need a flexible metadata part,
much like the bookmetadata part, where metadata key/value pairs can be
added, rather than a set number of fields which accommodate for the
current distinctions (category and version).

If you think otherwise, I'd be happy to create two fields, one with a
selection list for the versions and one with a selection list for the
categories.

OTOH: selection lists make the process of assigning values easier and
less error prone.

WDYT?

</thinking out loud>

Have a look at the Book Definition by creating a new document of that
type and let me know what you prefer.

Bye, Helma