cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Building for release - update round 2
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:08:36 GMT
hepabolu wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Another issue is that the useful table of libraries used with
> >Cocoon was generated by the Cocoon "docs" target by analysing
> >gump.xml IIRC.
> >

> Hmm, could you generate this with the same workaround as the
> changes.html page?

No it cannot. As i said, it was an intergral part of
the Cocoon "|build.bat" process. Then forrest
just rendered it. The data needs to be prepared.

> I guess this is a one time process, since it's Cocoon 2.1.8. So no use
> to spend much time to setting up a nifty process if it's only used once
> or twice.

This highlights a huge misunderstanding. The docs must
be generated and updated on the website as often as
possible, not just at release time.

> For Cocoon 2.2 we should find a different process.
> Bye, Helma

View raw message