cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject generating the 2.1 Changes page (Was: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.8 tomorrow)
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 03:26:22 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> > David Crossley a ?crit :
> > >...As i warned a long time ago, the re-arrangement of
> > >documentation should not have been done until the
> > >2.2 release...
> >
> > Fully agreed, staying with the old docs for 2.1.8 seems much easier,
> > and 2.2 is a good time to make a transition on the docs.
> >
> > >...If people are not going to help fix the new Daisy-based
> > >documentation for this release, then we we need to
> > >repair the old documentation building system, e.g. the
> > >index.xml file seems to be missing and various other
> > >source files have been deleted...
> >
> > Could we do the release and regenerate only the index and news pages?
> > I don't think there have been much changes to other parts of the "old"
> > docs.
> >
> > I'm strongly for releasing 2.1.8 with the "old" docs and take our time
> > to improve them for 2.2.
> Good idea, i was wondering about that as a workaround.
> We can easily update the complete top-level docs, same
> as before.
> We might be able to repair the old 2.1 docs sufficiently
> to get the changes.html page built and update only that page.
> Doing 'svn log status.xml' shows that quite a lot
> of changes (~130) are noted since 2.1.7 (March 23 2005).

Okay i tried various ways to do that and
now have one solution working.

It would have been better get the cocoon-daisy-to-docs
to process the Changes (since they belong with 2.1).
However i cannot do that because the Forrest Daisy plugin
seems to intercept everything and map it to Daisy.
So the projectInfo plugin can't handle it.

The top-level docs are now building the changes page
by getting the status.xml file from the 2.1 branch svn.
Not ideal, but it works.

The problem is that that page will not be added to the
2.1 docs package, but at least we can update it on the

View raw message