cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.8 tomorrow
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 00:37:03 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> This is another try to get 2.1.8 finally out:
>
> Please cast your votes for releasing 2.1.8 tomorrow, 8th of November.

-1 ... People have not addressed the documentation
side of things. See other recent email on this topic
to which nobody replied. We will not be able to update
the website, the documentation will not be packaged
with the release nor available alongside, there is
currently a changed URL-space which will bust links,
and there will be no list of changes for the release.

As i warned a long time ago, the re-arrangement of
documentation should not have been done until the
2.2 release.

I don't have time to fix it or suggest solutions.
Other people need to get involved.

If people are not going to help fix the new Daisy-based
documentation for this release, then we we need to
repair the old documentation building system, e.g. the
index.xml file seems to be missing and various other
source files have been deleted.

Another issue is that normally i run a program to
scan for license issues, but have not found time.

-David