cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [docs] daisy sites not available?
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 08:04:03 GMT
On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 00:39 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:
> > On 04 Nov 2005, at 17:53, Bruno Dumon wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> any reason the sites on
> >> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/
> >> have been made inaccessible?
> >

> > I saw the ACL change notification message this morning but didn't really
> > check what it was, nor who it initiated. Anyway, I now found out who it
> > was (Ross), and I reverted his actions. But it seems like Ross corrected
> > stuff himself in parallel.
> >
> > In the future, even though it is easy to play around with ACL config, we
> > should refrain from doing so without prior warning here.
>
> This change had been discussed onlist (must register to edit).

I thought the last thing said about this was that Upayavira, who was the
main person expressing concerns about the public accessibility, said he
was fine with it as long as it was clearly marked that these are not the
released docs (which has not been done yet).

See the last messages from this thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/57406

> However, as you correctly point out I reverted the change after just a
> couple of minutes since the effect was less than desirable and I don't
> currently have the time to change the default page displayed when not
> logged in.
>
> I would have annouced it had I left it in place, but in the two minutes
> it was like that I didn't expect so many people to spot it. I'll
> announce *before* I experiment in the future ;-)

Just a coincidence probably: I noticed it in the morning when looking
something up with a colleague, then checked again at the end of the day
and noticed it was still the same.