cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ezkovich Glen <g...@hard-bop.com>
Subject Re: Planning 2.2
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:31:48 GMT

On Nov 22, 2005, at 1:18 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Glen Ezkovich wrote:

>>> Aren't we aiming at a 2.2M1 release? If yes, the only must is a
>>> working build system IMHO.
>> I'm a bit confused, is this the only difference between 2.1 and
>> 2.2  or are the other changes complete and ready to roll? These
>> changes  amount to a refactoring. What distinguishes 2.2 from 2.1.8?
>
> not at all :-)
>
> - ECM++
> - Virtual sitemap components
> - blocks (sitemap blocks, exposing blocks)
> - per sitemap reloading classloader (for dev)
> - reworked property management
> - Spring integration (Spring block)
> - possible to listen to sitemap events
> - refactoring of Javaflow (uses now the commons-javaflow project which
>   was started by Thorsten)
> - introduction of CTemplate (refactoring of JXTemplate in 2.1.x)
>
> ... and maybe some other things

This is what I thought. I was in effect questioning wether these new
features are ready to go. My concern is the documentation for these
new changes and features. An admittedly quick perusal of SVN didn't
reveal much at all. Even a M1 release requires a bit of documentation
so that the changes and new things get tested.

> We also have the plan that Cocoon 3.0 will be based on blocks that
> run in a shielded classloader. Currently OSGi ist our best bet (and
> I'm quite optimistic that it will fit our needs).

I'm hoping to see this by the end of next year. As long as I have
nothing to do with it it should be doable. Seems like everything I
touch these days falls behind schedule. :(

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen at hard-bop.com

A Proverb for Paranoids: