cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Pietschmann" <dev.sen...@gmail.com>
Subject AuthenticationContextListener?
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:41:17 GMT
I asked something similar in the users list some time ago but got no
response, so you're my last chance ;)

As usual we're storing information in the AuthenticationContext. So far this
information has been written on disk with every request processed by the
server.

Due to several reasons we've decided to just write it to a file everytime
the user logs out OR the session times out. Thus it is not sufficient to add
the method to the logout matcher, because the data will be lost if the user
just closes is browser.

I decided to use an HTTPSessionListener which I added to Cocoon's web.xml.
This works fine so far, but it only allows me to retrieve the user's
HTTPSession in the method sessionDestroyed(HttpSessionEvent event). From
there I can get the the ServletContext, but I see no way to access the
AuthenticationContext? Is it accessable at all? I tought one of these should
work, but both are null.

        AuthenticationContext authContext =
(AuthenticationContext)session.getServletContext().getContext("authenticatio
n");

        AuthenticationContext authContext2 =
(AuthenticationContext)session.getServletContext().getContext(Authentication
Constants.SESSION_CONTEXT_NAME)

Cheers,

Stefan