cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Pietschmann" <dev.sen...@gmail.com>
Subject AW: Core Documentation
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 20:07:35 GMT
Thank you for your quick response :)

| You should create a component that implements the required Avalon
| interfaces and then declare it in cocoon.xconf. You will need to assign
| it a role (faily simple - look at other components to see how they do
| it). The code that uses the component then calls the component manager
| to look up the role and return the component attached to it. The manager
| will be initialized the first time it is looked up.

Will have to take a look at it.

| What do you mean by "attributes". Transformers, etc. can have hardwired
| attributes associated with them when they are configured in the
| component section of the sitemap. In addition, they can have parameters
| declared in the pipelines which are passed as parameters to the setup
| method.

The elements in the pipeline shall have attributes like

<map:transform type="xyz" conf="someID"/>

once this node is transfered, the code should use the manager and this
attribute to decide, whether to append the component to the pipeline or not.

Is there some entry point to the pipeline building, where I can setup the
manager? It needs to be setup with every new request.

Cheers,
Stefan