cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [RT] seven good reasons to close down users <at> cocoon.apache.org
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 09:07:15 GMT
Niclas Hedhman <niclas <at> hedhman.org> writes:

> I am also against "user" list. It has a degenerating tone to it, and the
> fact that many developers are not subscribed to user <at>  seems to promote
> that notion further.

Nah! I don't think that's true. This has nothing to do with a bad tone. It's
just Apache style to start as user. Cocoon should not start to break ranks.

>   1. Rename the list "support <at> " or some similarly positive term.

This does not lead to anything. I even have a more negative touch from this
word than with "users". It completely decouples from the community aspect and
leads to a more commercial tendency: Asking for support. This will lead fast
to questions like "My I ask this or that on this list?" as the user community
aspect is not matched by the name.

Jörg