cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [M10N] separating samples from blocks
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:54:28 GMT

Upayavira wrote:

> Thing is, we've been through that discussion before. Do we separate out
> samples from main blocks, stable from unstable, supported from
> deprecated? What separations do we do?

ok let's not get into this argument again then. Separating the code that
demonstrates a blocks' functionality from the block itself is the only
thing I was after - everything else can be decided later.

I will leave the directory structure as it is and just get on with things.

> In the end, we will need to help users with higher level tools that
> organise an increasing number of blocks in a flat hierarchy. Even if we
> separate our samples and blocks, we'll soon enough end up with 120
> blocks in one directory anyway - especially when creating blocks has
> become much easier.

definitely. But with maven, we don't even need to have these blocks in
our repository anymore.

Jorg