cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [M10N] separating samples from blocks
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:10:40 GMT

Upayavira wrote:

> Please do it. A sample is a separate block with a dependency. A sample
> may contain Java code, just as a block itself. The only difference
> really is that the block.xml or pom.xml or something needs to have the
> designation "sample" so we can say "install Cocoon with all samples.
> please".

exactly.

> So the layout is:
>
> /src/blocks/cforms/pom.xml
> /src/blocks/cforms-samples/pom.xml

note that the blocks directory will have about 120 subdirs in total
then, easy to get lost in. That's why i thought a blocks-samples
directory would make sense, doesn't have to however.

Another thing i didn't think of last night is that this will impact the
current ant build of 2.2 as well. How easy is it to change this, just a
matter of adjusting paths ?

More importantly : how long should we still care about the Ant build in
2.2.x ? At what point would people be happy to ditch it and go maven all
the way? It'll become increasingly more difficult to keep both builds
happy, and trying to do so might make a mess of both.

I think we should gather a list of _minimal_ requirements that the maven
build should support before we stop caring or even remove the ant build
in 2.2.  I'll start a new thread for this.

Jorg