cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans>
Subject Re: Roadmap for Cocoon Blocks
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:52:11 GMT

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>   * Build Cocoon

>   * Build all blocks
done (samples not excluded)

>   * Copy over blocks to WEB-INF/blocks or simialr :-)
by default, all included blocks are copied to WEB-INF/lib when using the
war:war task. But we can have them anywhere we want really.

>   * Patch wiring.xml (as soon as we start using it)
yes, this will be part of the deployment plugin.

>   * Prepare a source release
there is the source:jar task [1], we could use it for first milestones
while we spec out how the source release should look like [*]

>   * Prepare a binary release
would you initially be happy with a deployable war file containing all
blocks? Then its doable already (war:war on the webapp module),
otherwise we should spec out how exactly the binary release should look
like [*]

>   * Build subset of blocks (using properties file?)
First thought: this could be done by writing a plugin that reads
local.blocks.props, generates a project definition from it and executes
a build using this pom.

>   * Prepare a source release with subset of blocks (is it needed?)
use the generated pom from above

>   * Prepare a binary release with subset of blocks
use the generated pom from above.

> I think above is a complete list of what is needed from it... Did I miss
> anything? What is not implemented yet?
this covers most initial thoughts yes. I'll see about adding them to the
         [M10N] roadmap.

[*] if this has been decided allready, apologies - just point me to the
thread and i'll add it to bugzilla M10N roadmap.

View raw message