cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [RT] Is Cocoon Obsolete?
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 13:21:16 GMT

Luca Morandini wrote:

> 4) I liked the Scaffold concept, which we may replicate: not just
> samples, but ready-made apps to help people hit the ground running when
> developing an app. I mean, we could have a "reporting scaffold", or a

These scaffolds can be easily built using m2 archetypes [1]. I'll try
and whip up a basic prototype on my way to the hackathon. If done right

I'm also thinking about archetypes for popular framework combos, like
CForms/hibernate, Cocoon/Spring, and often used block combos like
portal/, fop/svg and ofcourse asciiart/midi ;)

> "multi-channel publishing scaffold", or a "GIS scaffold" (you expected
> that, didn't you ?).

yes I expected a GIS twist to this thread sooner rather than later ;-)

Jorg

[1] http://maven.apache.org/maven2/getting-started.html