cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [RT] Is Cocoon Obsolete?
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 10:39:32 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> How do you feel about this?

"Will Cocoon become obsolete"
"When will Cocoon become obsolete"

would have been more appropriate (albeit less controversial) subjects I
feel.

My thoughts:
(Note: "we" = "the community")

Software = life. If it doesn't evolve it dies.

We have the knowledge and carry the foundation of one of the most
sophisticated frameworks around. We still have an edge on most other
publishing frameworks out there, and there is a strong desire and
momentum today to evolve cocoon to the next level : new docs system,
blocks/osgi, ajax integration etc.

As long as we keep evolving and innovating like we have done in the
past, Cocoon will not become obsolete - at least not for *us*, the
established users and developers. We need to make sure that the outside
world gets the same view of Cocoon as dev@ has today : good docs and a
bit of marketing go a long way here.

Jorg