cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [QVote] Release plan for 2.1.8
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:49:10 GMT
On 10/17/05, Ralph Goers <Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> I think it is important to plan a date for 2.1.9 simply to give
> customers reassurance that we won't abandon 2.1 until after 2.2 is stable.

We'll test 2.1.8 and if it works for us we'll eventually migrate to
it.  If it doesn't work having a fixed date for 2.1.9 will mean
little; we'll have to test all over again in any case and there's no
guarantee it will work for us either.

Soon as a 2.2 is released we'll test for it and if it works we'll
switch to it instead of the 2.1 branch.  If neither works, it's a case
of waiting for or writing the fixes and a fixed release date won't
necessarily make the fixes happen...

--
Peter Hunsberger