cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [Fwd: RE: Unintentional Caching with Tomcat 5.5.x]
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:19:49 GMT
I don't know if it is a bug or an intentional thing to not include url parameters in the cache
key of an expires pipeline. I though think the expires caching would be of much more value
if the cache key used in expires pipelines would include parameters. Guess it would not be
to difficult to built this in?

In a practical case in which I really needed expires pipelines for performance, I did JS rewriting
for posts of a form to set the form parameters in the URL seperated by "/" to avoid having
the expires pipeline return the same cached pages for all posts to one pipeline. Very annoying!

So I would guess it is a bug, otherwise a very peculiar feature :-)