cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Pfingsthorn" <m.pfingsth...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [VOTE RESULTS] new committer: Max Pfingsthorn
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:31:18 GMT

.. I wished, but not quite there yet ;)

> and  Cocoon committer.   It's  worth  the  effort you  made  with  the  widget
> libraries.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

> I wish  you intend to enhance  your work on the  widget libraries.
> As  you know,  there  are a  few issues  that  we [1]discussed  on
> this  list, especially  problem  with a  library defining  several
> cross-referencing  classes, and  adding  the ability  to expand  a
> group of widgets without creating  an additional nesting level and
> without the need to use <fd:class> and <fd:new>.

Yes, this is definitely on my list.. It is complicated though, so it might take a little time...

> Otherwise,  I  know you  are  interested  in an  AJAX  lightweight
> portal.   I  intend  to  provide  a sample  to  Cocoon  because  I
> implemented one myself, currently  in my [2]private repository.  I
> need to write  a demo and ensure that it  integrates seamlessly in
> the Cocoon samples.

Yes, that's great! I initially wanted to work on it a bit during the gettogether, but the
learning curve for the portal seems to be even steeper than for Cocoon itself ;) I had a look
where a good place for extension might be, but I got lost in the sample already... Great to
hear that you made it though, I think it would be a fantastic thing to have!
Right now, I would like to focus more on Forms, stabilization thereof, Raccoon (the MVC side
of it), and Ajax in general.

Bye!
max