cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Pfingsthorn" <m.pfingsth...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: [VOTE RESULTS] new committer: Max Pfingsthorn
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:49:20 GMT
Dear all,

Thank you very much! I am very excited!

For those of you who I unfotunately didn't meet at either ApacheCon or the GetTogether, a
few lines about myself:

I've been using Cocoon for almost a year within the scope of my job at Hippo here in Amsterdam.
My first programming experience with Cocoon (a few little custom generators and transformers)
was around 8 months ago. Since then, I've been impressed by Cocoon many times, mostly the
flexibility and already implemented functionality. Recently, I got awed by Ruby on Rails,
but I think we can do better! ;)
Maybe I should mention here that I get very excited about cool interfaces, which is why the
new Ajax/Rich Client hype is just for me!
My first ever programming effort dates back as far as 9th grade, that is almost 10 years ago.
I started with Turbo Pascal, went on to C/C++ and Java (with some detours through Python,
Php, and other scripting languages). C++ and Java are very much alike, however, that extra
bit Java has to offer is very appealing.. and makes me feel much safer as a programmer ( it's
good to know I can't crash the machine with a Java program :D ).
When I am not programming, I am a student at the University of Amsterdam and going for a Master
of Science in Artificial Intelligence. There, I do "Intelligent Systems", mostly Multi Agent
Systems. In 2006, I might participate (yet again) in RoboCup Rescue[1] as part of my Master
Thesis.

I am looking forward to contributing more in the future!

Bye!
max

[1] http://www.robocup2006.org/sixcms/detail.php?id=242&lang=en