cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI: 2.2 samples pages reorganized
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:21:07 GMT
Le 12 oct. 05, à 14:35, Vadim Gritsenko a écrit :

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> Note also that the aim is to remove as many "exotic" blocks as
>> possible from 2.2 and move them to contrib, so it shouldn't be that
>> bad in the end.
>
> Please, blocks are *already* removed from 2.2, they reside in separate
> location:
>
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks/
>
> The only problem ATM to solve is to adjust build system so that 2.2
> release can be created containing only selected blocks, not all of
> them...

But - blocks are "linked" into the source code tree via svn:externals,
how do you solve this when you have to create the distribution?

I think moving blocks to contrib would draw a better line between
first-class supported blocks and the rest. Of course this will need a
community vote to decide exactly which blocks move (or which are not
included in the distribution if people prefer to keep there in the
trunk source tree).

-Bertrand