cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Move to Jira (Was: Re: Jira or Bugzilla...)
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:41:00 GMT
On 13 Oct 2005, at 22:30, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 13.10.2005 23:11, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>
>>> ...You introduce another problem with this process: Current
>>> owners got sent a bugzilla mail about closure of their bug. If
>>> they want to reopen it later they don't know where to do it...
>>>
>> There must be a way to find issues in jira later based on a
>> bugzilla issue number - there are many links to bugzilla issues
>> floating around, losing them would be a problem.
>>

> But the reporter must get to know that the bug has actually been
> moved to Jira - be it with the same issue number or not. Just
> adding a common note to bugzilla might lead to nothing: "Now I have
> to search for my bug in another system? Bah, forget it! I'm to lazy
> to care." Providing a correct link to the new system directly
> jumping to the corresponding issue must be the least. Even then
> many people might be to lazy to care about their bug (new login?,
> new system they don't know, etc.).

Logins are copied from Bugzilla with the issues they're associated
with (which is cool, but that means that if you registered with a
different email address from Bugzilla, I'll have to go in and merge
the accounts). But for users, that's totally transparent.

Regarding the bugs themselves, I can write a simple script closing
all moved bugs with a link to the new bug in Jira as a comment (of
course, after the data-transfer is complete)

     Pier