cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <san...@temme.net>
Subject Re: Would this show up in BugZilla???
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:52:49 GMT

On Oct 31, 2005, at 5:53 AM, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> As we want to put a comment into all cocoon bugs in BugZilla
> pointing to Jira, would something like this work?
>
> insert into longdescs (bug_id,who,bug_when,thetext) values (X,
> 1,SYSDATE(),'Issue migrated to Jira: http://issues.apache.org/jira/
> bugzillasearch.jsp?id=X');
> update bugs set resolution = 'MOVED' where bug_id = X;
>
> where X is the Cocoon bug ID (select bug_id from bugs where
> product_id=8;) ????????

At quick glance, that would be the way to hack it. Let me give it a
more coomprehensive glance after I get myself a cup of coffee.

I don't suppose this could be done in one line of SQL?

> We're having people re-opening bugs in Bugzilla, and would like to
> mark the move in there...

Yeah, can't have that. I don't have a way to force bugs to stay
closed (AFAIK), but a comment might help.

In Bugzilla, I'm seeing 'Cocoon 1' and 'Cocoon 2'. Would we do this
for both?

Actually, have you considered that putting the comment in through the
web interface, thence triggering the e-mails, would be a very
effective way to let folks know the migration is in effect?

Just kidding.

S.