cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <>
Subject Re: Cocoon Fat Test
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 21:56:19 GMT
> With a serious diet and an improved build system, cocoon could lose
> half of its weight and generate webapps that are much more friendly
> for smaller sites or for inclusion in places where size is an issue.
> But even when size is not an issue, having smaller webapps helps in
> making users perceive what core functionality the cocoon framework
> gives them and what is add-on, something that we were never very
> good at marketing. of the things I gonna tell the people on my talk (aside):
strip down the baby - otherwise it's a pain. It would be
more than nice if the build system would take care of that.
Maybe even can help with it
...but in theory our build system should be smart enough
to take care of this.

AND ...I am way in favor of shipping with a minimal installation
instead of a "cocoon-can-everything-lets-show-it" configuration.
We passed that size. TBH I think the complexity more scares people
away than it helps.
Let's get them a clean and simple ...minimal sitemap to start
with and then improve the documentation "you need this? - add that"

My 2 cents

View raw message