cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QVote] Configurable default for sitemap reloading
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:13:20 GMT
>> Ok, so you always want to check for changes even in production? I
>> would
>> prefer to turn off *all* checking in production by just using a
>> property.
>> So what do you think of using a "global" check for reload property
>> that
>> is checked by all components that do reloading (sitemap engine,
>> flow etc)?

IMO this is FS ...as long as the file system checks are cached the
impact is
sooooo minimal that even on high-load production system it should not
really
matter to much ...and we got rid of another option (that probably
nobody has
really used anyway because everyone is too lazy to turn it back on
for every
little change on the production system)

...or am I really mistaken?

cheers