cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] Is Cocoon Obsolete?
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:20:50 GMT
Hi,

On 3 Oct 2005, at 17:04, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I guess you are not aware of this
>
> http://rx4rdf.liminalzone.org/Racoon

Heheh, no I wasn't. I also was unaware of Racoon the dutch rock band,
or racoon the IKE (ISAKMP/Oakley) key management daemon, and
apparently there's a small furry animal claiming rights to the name
too (though it spells the name funny). Sheesh! ;-)

I'm not seriously proposing to continue development of 'rac(c)oon' as
a third-party separately named tool; it's a nickname for some changes
that I think we could make to cocoon itself, given enough support and
momentum. So I think all the other owners of racoonlike names can
rest easy.

Thanks for the headsup though,

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/