cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Would this show up in BugZilla???
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:21:26 GMT
On 31 Oct 2005, at 14:52, Sander Temme wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2005, at 5:53 AM, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> As we want to put a comment into all cocoon bugs in BugZilla
>> pointing to Jira, would something like this work?
>>
>> insert into longdescs (bug_id,who,bug_when,thetext) values (X,
>> 1,SYSDATE(),'Issue migrated to Jira: http://issues.apache.org/jira/
>> bugzillasearch.jsp?id=X');
>> update bugs set resolution = 'MOVED' where bug_id = X;
>>
>> where X is the Cocoon bug ID (select bug_id from bugs where
>> product_id=8;) ????????
>
> At quick glance, that would be the way to hack it. Let me give it a
> more coomprehensive glance after I get myself a cup of coffee.

Coffee is _always_ priority.

> I don't suppose this could be done in one line of SQL?

Dunno, maybe tweaking about with the SQL one can do the select for
all cocoon bugs and in-line with the insert and the update statement,
but my SQL is not that good when it comes to bulk operations (under
Oracle, i'd do that with a stored procedure, but we all agree that
Oracle AND stored procedures are the root of all evil)...

>> We're having people re-opening bugs in Bugzilla, and would like to
>> mark the move in there...
>
> Yeah, can't have that. I don't have a way to force bugs to stay
> closed (AFAIK), but a comment might help.
>
> In Bugzilla, I'm seeing 'Cocoon 1' and 'Cocoon 2'. Would we do this
> for both?

Nope, only for "Cocoon 2". Cocoon 1 is dead and buried... :-P

> Actually, have you considered that putting the comment in through
> the web interface, thence triggering the e-mails, would be a very
> effective way to let folks know the migration is in effect?

Yeah, but we have 1655 bugs in the system... :-) That's SPAM
(considering the fact that most of those email would go back to the
developers).

I don't think that we want to generate something like 20/30 k emails
in one go, that'd piss people off royally.

     Pier