cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: AJAX form samples still broken? (was Cocoon 2.1.8 AJAX is important)
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:22:47 GMT
Patrick Ahles wrote:
> On 10/30/05, Sylvain Wallez <> wrote:
>> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>> Hi:
>>> AFAIK, Cocoon 2.1.8 will not have AJAX support for cforms. Is that
>>> correct?
>> Oh no, it's not correct! AJAX in CForms is there! Have a look at all the
>> "(Ajax)" markers at
> From an earlier post [1] I understood that the AJAX samples were
> broken because you removed the Scriptaculous libraries. Now you say
> there are samples with AJAX. Please clarify!

The broken samples were those of the Ajax block, because of the removal
of Scriptaculous. That's why I removed them completely for now.

However, the Ajax support of CForms doesn't rely on any third-party
library and thus works perfectly.

To be clearer, Ajax support in CForms was added back in april, and we
only started to introduce a dependency on Scriptaculous there in late
september. So we rolled back to the previous state (with some refactoring).

> BTW: the multipage wizard (on htpp:// does
> some strange things using Firefox (on Wndows 2K): after filling in the
> first form, press next to go to the next form, press previous to go
> back to the first form, and you see both forms at once. There are
> several javascript errors. In Internet Explorer pressing previous in
> the last form gives a "Runtime Error" in line 122 (error: 'selected'
> is null or not an object)

Ok, I'll have a look at that.