cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.8 AJAX is important
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:07:16 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> Just a thought - HTMLArea is now under development again, as Xinha
> (http://xinha.python-hosting.com/). We could see if they could adapt it
> so that it would play nicely with the prototype library. Is that reasonable?

What would reasonable would be to update htmlarea to xinha, but not
asking them to fix their well-written stuff because some other JS
library tweaks the standard classes.

Using Scriptaculous for a particular project is fine, but shipping it
with Cocoon if IMO definitely not something to do, as we cannot make any
assumption on what 3rd party JS libraries users will want to use in
their projects.

And interestingly, it looks like Tacos [1] (an Ajax extension to
Tapestry) went the same route, as they started with Scriptaculous and
recently announced their switch to Dojo.

Sylvain

[1] http://tacos.sourceforge.net/