cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.8 AJAX is important
Date Sun, 30 Oct 2005 08:31:32 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi:
>
> AFAIK, Cocoon 2.1.8 will not have AJAX support for cforms. Is that
> correct?

Oh no, it's not correct! AJAX in CForms is there! Have a look at all the
"(Ajax)" markers at
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/

I guess your fears are related to my "Ajax libraries: let's wait a bit"
post [1] which was more about the new stuff we had put in the Ajax
block, which was based on the Scriptaculous libary.

Scriptaculous provides some really great features, but the way it is
written breaks some other libraries (e.g. htmlarea), and that's why I
decided to remove it from 2.1.8, so that people don't rush on these
features. I'm closely following what's happening on the Dojo toolkit
[2], and I like it much more, both from a technical and social POV.

> I think the AJAX support present in 2.1.8 make sense: Being the first
> or one of the first webapp frameworks delivering AJAX support is a
> great plus for us.

So don't worry: Ajax is in CForms now.

Sylvain

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=112938003219370&w=2