cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Docs now use Daisy-wiki defined URLspace
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:51:02 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>> The last build seems to have worked OK. No reported broken links and
>> images seem to be appearing.
>>
>> Please test and report any issues.
>

> <applause/>
>
> Can wait until we have it running for our official web site.
>
> On a side note, and only marginally related to this work, I find the
> "table of content" box in every page to be pretty much useless and
> annoying. Am I the only one? Could we move it over to the navigation
> tree instead? (where it belongs?)
>
> I've designed this skin many years ago and it's starting to show its
> age.... or maybe I am :-)
>
> Anyway, those are details, great job anyway.

Like most things in Forrest it's configurable from within the
skinconf.xml file (which is in the daisy-to-docs svn module in whiteboard).

For this particular setting see:

   <!-- Configure the TOC, i.e. the Table of Contents.
   @max-depth
    how many "section" levels need to be included in the
    generated Table of Contents (TOC).
   @min-sections
    Minimum required to create a TOC.
   @location ("page","menu","page,menu", "none")
    Where to show the TOC.
   -->
   <toc max-depth="2" min-sections="1" location="page"/>

I've not changed it yet, we'll see if people are in agreement.

With respect to skins and themes, wait until you see the new replacement
for the skinning system - it's awesome in its configurability and
flexibility (and no, I didn't write it ;-)

Ross