cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using Daisy as Wiki
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:03:31 GMT
Mark Lundquist wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2005, at 7:26 AM, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> And maybe a shared Solaris 10 box is not the place where I would like
>> to see massive hits coming through...
>

> What do the stats show about the current Wiki, i.e. how high a bar would
> the Daisy server have to clear (for today + future), and could we run
> enough of a load test on Daisy to get an idea?  JMeter?

Extremely high. I wouldn't go near it myself.

It took about a month after upgrading to the latest MoinMoin to get it
sufficiently stable to not bring down the whole www.apache.org server.
We had to block crawlers for some time, and eventually fixed it by
placing a new version of mod_cache in front of the Python based MoinMoin
wiki for all anonymous requests.

I'm afraid I don't have any figures, but can say that Cocoon's wiki is
amongst the top three Apache wikis in terms of size.

Regards, Upayavira