cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Using Daisy as Wiki
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:13:35 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Bertrand, your comment makes me think why we don't use Daisy as Wiki
> too? Any reasons for this? It would also make it much simpler to move
> over docs from a wiki zone into our official documentation.

Well, I'm +1 but this raises a significant issue.  There was a request
by geronimo on the infra list a couple of weeks ago to allow them to use
different wiki software.  It wasn't what I would call a "concrete"
proposal in that I don't recall seeing them post the specifics of where
it would run and who would maintain it.  infra pushed back as they don't
want too many things to support.

Now the subject of Cocoon using Daisy has already come up there,
although there was only a single email and no follow-up.  At some point
we have to approach infra regarding our use of Daisy for documentation
as we are doing something that really isn't approved - it was only
supposed to be an experiment when it started.

So if we want to use Daisy for both our documentation and the wiki we
need to answer several questions:
1. Where is it going to run?
2. Who will administer it?
3. How is the data backed up?
4. Is the data versioned such that every change can be tracked back to
the individual who did it?
5. How will the system perform? How well does it scale? Will it handle
the expected load?

Those are just the questions I thought of off the top of my head.

Ralph