cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [docs] Livesites by working area
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:04:26 GMT
hepabolu wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:

>>> Yes... We can't get Daisy to autogenerate those lists based on
>>> metadata can we?
>>

>> Of course you can. :)
>>
>> IIRC, Helma did set up a specific Live Site Document Type for these
>> pages. She might have done this for similar reasons.
>

> Ah no, I didn't. I merely wanted to prevent xdoc editing so I moved it
> over to Daisy as quickly as possible. There isn't very much about it,
> although I have been thinking that the current layout/setup could be
> much different, so go ahead and feel free to move things around.
>
> RT: what if there is a LiveSiteDocumentType that can hold the info we
> currently ask people to add to Jira/Bugzilla and each site is in
> separate documents. IIUC we could then create queries that could present
> the info either by Cocoon version or by category (provided we have added
> that to a metadata field).
>
> Steven, am I correct to think that I could recreate the current page of
> Cocoon version X by doing a query include of "all LiveSiteDocument with
> version=X"?

Yes, create a doc typoe, add a few relevant fields (including one of tags.

Create a query to list the sites within a specific release, with a
specific tag etc.

Query include will put the documents content in the page, a straight
query will give a list of results with links to the details page.

If you want to create a doc type and a few sample pages, I'll show you
how to create the query (not that it is hard, it is as close as possible
to SQL).

Ross

Ross