cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using Daisy as Wiki
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:06:53 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> Apache Wiki wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Wiki user,
>>>
>>> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Cocoon Wiki"
>>> for change notification.
>>>
>>> The following page has been changed by BertrandDelacretaz:
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ReleaseTests218

>>>   ||JVM||Jetty Linux||Jetty Windows||Jetty MacOS||Tomcat 5.5.12
>>> Linux||Tomcat 5.5.12 Windows||Tomcat 4.1 Linux||Tomcat 4.1 Windows||
>>>   ||1.3||           ||             ||           ||
>>> ||                     ||
>>> ||                                    ||
>>>   ||1.4.2_08||      ||1666         ||           ||
>>> ||                     ||                ||                  ||
>>> + ||1.4.2-38||      ||             ||rev 329128: htmlunit-tests
>>> ok[[BR]]junit-tests: 1668,1669||
>>> ||                     ||                ||                  ||
>>>   ||1.5.0_05||      ||             ||           ||
>>> ||                     ||                ||                           ||
>>>   + ''(aaaaaargh this table editing stuff is AWFUL ;-)''
>>> +
>>

>> Bertrand, your comment makes me think why we don't use Daisy as Wiki
>> too? Any reasons for this? It would also make it much simpler to move
>> over docs from a wiki zone into our official documentation.
>>

> +1
>
> We can set up a new collction that has open access to all and restrict
> access to registered users for the docs themselves.
>
> Any pages that we want to use from the Wiki in the Docs can then just be
> moved across to the relevant docs collection.

I would say we should wait until we have had discussions with Infra
(which I intend to initiate today). It is one thing to use Daisy for
content management (something Apache doesn't otherwise help us with),
and another to start running our own Wiki on our Zone.

Questions for me would be: how do we decide what content on the Daisy
wiki is public? When it is public, can our wiki handle the load that can
occur? (Note, it took about a month of an httpd committer's time to get
MoinMoin able to handle the load by putting mod_cache in front.
Otherwise it just died horribly). Note also that Cocoon's current wiki
is one of the ASF's larger wikis (within the top three, I'd say without
looking).

So, I'm open to it, but let's go slowly :-)

Regards, Upayavira