cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: [docs] docs now links back to daisy
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:57:52 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 10:50 +0100, Upayavira wrote:
>
>>Bruno Dumon wrote:

>>>IMO it would be better to link back just to the Daisy page, not to open
>>>the editor immediately.
>>
>>Why?
>

> So that you can first see the latest content of the page, can look at
> comments, whatever, and then make the decission to open the editor.
>

>> I'm concerned that (a) the Daisy content is seen for what it is:
>>under development and (b) that the Daisy server in the zone doesn't get
>>crawled by search engines and indexed. We _do not_ want that, as our
>>development code would effectively become our live docs.
>
> I thought we had a robot file in place which forbids that.

I don't know. Do we? If we have, then that goes part of the way for me.

>>I would, at this moment, prefer they go to a page which says "You can
>>comment on this page, but to do so, you need first to create yourself an
>>account. Click _here_ to login or _here_ to create your account."
>
> Users can only add comments when logged in.
>
>>I really do not want to see Daisy serving content to anyone who is not
>>logged in. (but am happy to give away logins quite freely).
>
> Any reason for that? I saw the earlier discussion on this, but don't
> recall any better reason than "I don't like it". If it is to avoid
> confusion, then I think it should be possible by putting appropriate
> warnings in place.

Yes, I don't want the Daisy content to become the source for
documentation. So suitably large warnings would do the job.

Would it be possible to have the warnings either disappear or get
smaller when someone logs in?

Regards, Upayavira