cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: [docs] docs now links back to daisy
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:50:51 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 08:07 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>The Forrest generated docs are now linking back to the daisy page for
>>that document. It doesn't link straight back to the edit page yet, this
>>is because the error page when a user is not logged in was quite unhelpful.
>

> IMO it would be better to link back just to the Daisy page, not to open
> the editor immediately.

Why? I'm concerned that (a) the Daisy content is seen for what it is:
under development and (b) that the Daisy server in the zone doesn't get
crawled by search engines and indexed. We _do not_ want that, as our
development code would effectively become our live docs.

I would, at this moment, prefer they go to a page which says "You can
comment on this page, but to do so, you need first to create yourself an
account. Click _here_ to login or _here_ to create your account."

I really do not want to see Daisy serving content to anyone who is not
logged in. (but am happy to give away logins quite freely).

Regards, Upayavira