cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reverting the property search order in CoreUtils
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:52:01 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Cool, even if it would be good to extend lookup in web.xml to any
> servlet and/or context parameter (some admins will want to configure
> everything using their J2EE deployment tools).
This can be done easily. The SettingsHelper class could be simply
extended to set all servlet/context parameters in the settings
properties as well.

> Now the problem comes from the property search order, which follows the
> exact same path, meaning the most generic properties (in
> WEB-INF/properties) hide any overriding in specific properties (user
> settings, system properties).
>
> I reverted the property lookup order, and this now works just fine :-)

D'oh, I thought it was reverted order already...yepp, that's correct
now. Thanks Sylvain.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/