cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Heads up] FAQs missing in new docs
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:05:43 GMT
hepabolu wrote:
> Ross,
>
> IIUC the latest version of the Daisy export is in
> forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs/2.1

Correct

> If so, it shows no content for the FAQ pages (e.g.
> http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs/2.1/713.daisy.html).
>
> Please find out what's going on.

Forrest uses XDoc v2.0 as its internal format (mostly a subset of
XHTML2), this does not have the concept of <h1>, <h2> etc. INstead it
has <section>'s embedded in sections. Therefore we need to "guess" the
structure of a document from the layout of <h*> elements. This can be
pretty difficult sometimes.

It used to be that it would be OK to start a document with something
other than an <h1>, and it also used to be that the translation would
cause an error to be displayed if this was not the case, you could then
verify that no such errors occured. However, it seems a recent commit to
Forrest has broken this sensible behaviour.

I've fixed it for the FAQ page, but will, of course sort out the Forrest
code to behave more sensibly as well.

Ross