cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [M10N] new pom structure
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:46:59 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> It's not a problem to do this if I can move directories around, so
> effectively having
>    /forms
>         /trunk
>             pom.xml -> modules for this block + all lib dependencies
>             /impl   -> contents of current java and WEB-INF
>                 pom.xml
>             /samples -> stays
>                 pom.xml
>             /test

+1

> What about the Maven Standard Directory Layout(tm), shown at [1] ? I've
> been using it for a long time now, maven works better with it in the
> sense that you don't have to always override settings in the pom with
> alternative locations.

Yes, we should use the standard layout.

> Supporting several modules in a block, so "mini-blocks" inside the big
> block is not a problem, you could just put another module pom in between
> and layout the module as described in [1].

All I wanted to hint at was that a module should use the maven standard
layout but that it might happen that we don't have a uniform layout for
a block, as a block might have several modules or not.

So in general +1 :)

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/