cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <>
Subject Re: treeprocessor doesn't resolve variables in all attributes of sitemap nodes
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:18:16 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Marc Portier wrote:

>>>./	"mime-type"
>>>./	"status-code"
> Hmm, either your script is not correct, or your statement above :) Can
> mime-type use variables or not?

well, it's the silly script of course

the mime-type CAN use variables, but there is some defaulting in the
code happening upfront which causes it to sneak through the grep -v

so it's probably safe to state that the generated list was (slightly)
bigger then it should

>>anyone any opinion on these?
>>maybe it makes sense to look at these with our "rule of least
>>surprise"-glasses on?
> Yes, I think we should go through all these attributes and see/vote
> which ones can be made dynamic.

ok, if we vote PRO making them dynamic I guess the too large list is no
problem: it would just mean the work already happened :-)

of course this assumes my script doesn't make errors in the other
direction (which I don't think it does)

anyone up for a better attempt at filtering out the ones we need to
discuss? Or should we just make a full list of all attributes, discuss
it completely and then go back to the code and check/fix for what we

actually this brings me back to the 'documentation' issue around
'arbitrary-looking' decissions for the newcomers I rose in the original
post (would be nice if we could really automatically list what is
available and dynamic or not)

Marc Portier
Read my weblog at

View raw message