cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [M10N] new pom structure
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:14:12 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> I've just commited a new pom structure for the forms block. It looks
> like this
>
> src/blocks/
>        pom.xml  --> contains all block modules
>        /forms
>            pom.xml  --> modules for this block + all lib dependencies
>            /trunk
>                pom.xml  --> implementation, depends on ../pom.xml
>                /samples
>                      pom.xml  --> sample related stuff, depends on impl
>                /test
>

> Once we've finalized the pom and block directory structure i'll convert
> the rest of the blocks, no point in doing every step for all 60 blocks.

Hmm, shouldn't "/forms/pom.xml" also be versioned? It might be that a
branch has different modules than trunk, I think.
I'm all for a unified directory layout where possible. I can imagine
some blocks will not fit into this. For example the portal block will
consist of several modules (core, portlet support, wsrp support, castor
support, db support and so on), and perhaps several samples. But I think
with m2 and the hierarchy of poms this doesn't really matter.

> Further, the root pom now only has following modules :
>
>     <module>core</module>
>     <module>core/test-core</module>
>     <module>webapp</module>
>     <module>src/blocks</module>
>     <module>src/mocks</module>
>
> There is another multi-module pom in src/blocks that contains all the
> block modules then.

Great

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de