cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: treeprocessor doesn't resolve variables in all attributes of sitemap nodes
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:27:08 GMT
Marc Portier wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> just found out that
>  <map:serialize status-code="{statusCode}" />
>
> kept giving me a statuscode 200 no matter what the value of statusCode was.
>
> as it turns out the SerializeNodeBuilder will in it's buildNode do:
>
>>        this.node = new SerializeNode(
>>            type,
>>            VariableResolverFactory.getResolver(config.getAttribute("src", null),
this.manager),
>>            VariableResolverFactory.getResolver(config.getAttribute("mime-type", null),
this.manager),
>>            config.getAttributeAsInteger("status-code", -1)
>>        );
>

> which I read as: @src and @mime-type can but @status-code can-not be
> resolved from variables
>
> from an end-user POV this difference in handling is quite arbitrary
> (meaning: if there are good considerations for this we should document
> them well)

Hmm, I see no reason why status-code should not be able to use variables.

> <SNIP/>
>>./SerializeNodeBuilder.java:	"mime-type"
>>./SerializeNodeBuilder.java:	"status-code"

Hmm, either your script is not correct, or your statement above :) Can
mime-type use variables or not?

> <SNIP/>
>
> anyone any opinion on these?
>
> maybe it makes sense to look at these with our "rule of least
> surprise"-glasses on?

Yes, I think we should go through all these attributes and see/vote
which ones can be made dynamic.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/