cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r326930 - in /cocoon/blocks/forms/trunk: java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/event/ java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/formmodel/ java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/ samples/forms/
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:08:26 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> - but please mention that when upgrading from 2.1.7 all templates has
>> to be updated to include submit-on-change="false" to keep'em forms
>> from breaking:
>>
>>   <ft id="foo">
>>     <fi:styling submit-on-change="false">
>>   </ft>
>
> Sorry, I don't see the point here. The submit-on-change is automatic for
> those fields that _do have_ change listeners. From my experience, most
> if not all fields with change listeners have a submit-on-change='true',
> meaning nothing will change for the vast majority of forms.

My experience is inverse: most fields with change listeners have no
submit-on-change.

> The only case where form behaviour will be different will be for fields
> that have change listeners but no submit-on-change="true" in the
> template. These forms will not be broken, but will roundtrip too much to
> the server.

That's exactly the scenario which I meant. Some forms will be broken, as
previously you could rely on fact that form submit happens only once, when form
is submitted. Now, you will get multiple form round-trips per single submit.
That is significant departure in logic which warrants mentioning.

Vadim