cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r326930 - in /cocoon/blocks/forms/trunk: java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/event/ java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/formmodel/ java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/ samples/forms/
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 16:14:30 GMT
On 23.10.2005 10:52, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> The only case where form behaviour will be different will be for fields
> that have change listeners but no submit-on-change="true" in the
> template. These forms will not be broken, but will roundtrip too much to
> the server.

It depends on how you define "broken". A changed behaviour might be a
break too.

Your change seems to be sensible though. What did we learn at GT about
simplifying Cocoon: "configuration by exception" or "convention over
configuration".

Don't we have a upgrading guide where this change can/should be mentioned?

Jörg