cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [M10N] separating samples from blocks
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:58:02 GMT
On 23.10.2005 13:40, Upayavira wrote:

>>>note that the blocks directory will have about 120 subdirs in total
>>>then, easy to get lost in. That's why i thought a blocks-samples
>>>directory would make sense, doesn't have to however.
>>

>>Please don't put the difference between block itself and block samples
>>so far up into the hierarchy. This will make navigating from one to the
>>other directory more "complicated" - at least it needs much more key
>>strokes. That's why I like Ralph's proposal much more.
>>
>>The block vs. block-samples structure is even worse IMO. As you said it
>>is easy to get lost.
>
> Sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand what you are saying!

No problem, let me try a second time:

Ralph made a proposal [1] where exactly one block (= directory) per
block (= block in the narrower sense) exists, but with many modules (in
the maven sense) in them:

/src
     /blocks
            /cforms
                   /api
                        pom.xml
                   /impl
                        pom.xml
                   /samples
                        pom.xml
                   /test
                        pom.xml

This holds together all parts of one block, but provides still the
possibility to separate them.

Hope this makes it more clear,

Jörg

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=113004733610151&w=4