cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r326930 - in /cocoon/blocks/forms/trunk: java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/event/ java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/formmodel/ java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/ samples/forms/
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:52:55 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> sylvain@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: sylvain
>> Date: Thu Oct 20 09:03:19 2005
>> New Revision: 326930

>> Log:
>> Fields with value-changed listeners are triggering form submit
>> automatically. <fi:styling submit-on-change="true"> is no more needed"
>
> That's significant change. I don't see an entry in (2.1) status.xml yet

That's right. I wanted to commit things before the code freeze, and will
update status.xml and docs this week.

> - but please mention that when upgrading from 2.1.7 all templates has
> to be updated to include submit-on-change="false" to keep'em forms
> from breaking:
>
>   <ft id="foo">
>     <fi:styling submit-on-change="false">
>   </ft>

Sorry, I don't see the point here. The submit-on-change is automatic for
those fields that _do have_ change listeners. From my experience, most
if not all fields with change listeners have a submit-on-change='true',
meaning nothing will change for the vast majority of forms.

The only case where form behaviour will be different will be for fields
that have change listeners but no submit-on-change="true" in the
template. These forms will not be broken, but will roundtrip too much to
the server.

Sylvain