cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: forrest config for exporting daisy docs
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 07:06:30 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>> Ross,
>>>
>>> outstanding job.
>>>
>>> A question: I think it would be just awesome if we could have a link
>>> from the published pages back to the daisy page that is responsible for
>>> editing that content.
>>>
>>> An "edit this page" link would make is *sooo* much better to tie the
>>> whole system together and shouldn't be that hard.
>>

>> With one of those 'don't crawl me' request parameters, I assume? And a
>> robots.txt on Daisy. We don't want our daisy content crawled by search
>> engines, do we?
>

> why not? showing a login page to a search engine is not going to make
> that big of a difference

Well, at the moment, all content in Daisy is visible to the world. I
don't like this. Were it protected in some way, I would agree with you.

We're increasingly getting people answering user questions with "see
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/XXXXXX", which, in my view, is to
be avoided. (Maybe likely until we've actually deployed our Daisy docs,
but still to be avoided).

Regards, Upayavira